Blog Archive

Saturday 29 October 2016

Pressure sewer and stump removal

I mentioned in one of the first posts that we had to remove some trees, and as a result, even wiht the stumps munched, the stumps remained just below ground level.  With Murphy as my architect, the proposed location for the pressure sewer pod required the removal of the large ironbark stump.



After the excavator had dug around the stump and the roots, I dragged out my little Husqvarna 236 and set to cutting the roots off.  The first cut was OK, the second took a little longer, and by the third the little saw was really struggling, so I set it up on a log to run a file over it.

I put my glasses on so I could see, and it then became apparent why the cutting was so slow.  The gravel and rocks in the ironbark roots had ripped off all but five teeth on the chain.  Luckily we got far enough that the excavator could finish the job.


You can see half of the stump in the photo above.  Will deal with the roots when we do the cut for the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment